Are you looking for a Mathematics Competition in Nigeria 2022 for students? then you are at the right place, in this page I will be telling you about the best mathematics competitions in Nigeria. There are several mathematics competitions for students in primary, secondary and tertiary institutions.
Table of Contents
- 1 Mathematics Competition in Nigeria for primary and secondary schools 2022
- 1.1 Cowbellpedia
- 1.2 NITC annual mathematics competition
- 1.3 Royal National mathematics olympiad
- 2 Mathematics Competition in Nigeria for Tertiary institutions 2022
Mathematics Competition in Nigeria for primary and secondary schools 2022
Cowbellpedia is an annual television mathematics quiz show only for students in secondary schools in Nigeria, the show started in 2015 and it has been promoting the study of mathematics in secondary schools across Nigeria. This programme has motivated millions of students to develop an interest in and have a better understanding of mathematics. Cowpellpedia is designed to identify, recognize and reward excellence in the study of mathematics. The competition is only applicable to students in public and private secondary schools in Nigeria and strictly for students between the ages of Ten and eighteen.
The prize for the winner of the cowbellpedia which is sponsored by the promasidor Nigeria is 2 million naira worth of scholarships. Below is the full list of prizes at the cowbellpedia
Full list of Prizes at the Cowbellpedia
- Winners in each Category (Junior/Senior) gets ₦2,000,000
- 1st runner up in each Category (Junior/Senior) gets ₦1,500,000
- 2nd runner-up in each Category (Junior/Senior) gets ₦1,000,000
- The 3rd to 5th runners-up in each Category (Junior/Senior) get ₦150,000 each
- The Teachers of the winners in each Category (Junior/Senior) get ₦500,000
- Teachers of the 1st runner-up in each Category (Junior/Senior) get ₦400,000
- Teachers of the 2nd runner-up in each Category (Junior/Senior) get ₦300,000
- Teachers of the 3rd to 5th runner-up in each Category (Junior/Senior) gets ₦75,000
- All the eliminated Semifinalists (12 per Category) Students (Junior/Senior): ₦75,000
- Teachers of all eliminated Semifinalists (Junior/Senior): ₦50,000
- All Students Eliminated in Prelim, 36 per Category (Junior/Senior): ₦50,000
- Teachers of all Students eliminated in prelim (Junior/Senior): ₦30,000
Other special recognitions at the cowbellpedia also include:
- Best students in the Cowbellpedia 60 seconds of Fame (i.e the student who had the highest number of correct answers in 60 seconds).
- Benson Oweka Prize: usually awarded to the most consistent School in the last three years of the competition.
- Best Teacher of the year.
READ ALSO: Cheapest places to study abroad
How to Apply for cowbellpedia
To apply for the cowbellpedia mathematics competition in Nigeria 2022 Click here and follow all the instructions on the website.
NITC annual mathematics competition
The NITC annual maths competition is one of the biggest maths competitions in Nigeria organized by the Nigerian Tulip International College (NTIC) which was founded in 1998 in Wuse 2, Abuja, Nigeria. The program is for students in primary and secondary schools across Nigeria, the winners are awarded fully funded scholarships, currently, 167 students are benefiting from the NTIC scholarship scheme, with more than N500 million spent annually for the awardees.
How To apply for the NITC maths competition
To register for the NITC annual mathematics competition in Nigeria 2022 Click here
Royal National mathematics olympiad
Royal Mathematical Olympiad is an international mathematics competition for elementary, middle and high school students. RMO is now open to students from primary 4 to ss3. This is a competition for the discovery and development of great minds that are mathematically gifted and talented from all over the states in Nigeria.
Royal Mathematical Olympiad is basically an academic competition with the aim of eliminating mathematics phobia that militates against students’ performance in schools, and it will also serve as a way of bridging the gap the mathematics phobia has created in young scholars who see science courses as too difficult.
RMO awards and recognitions
100- Perfect Score, 80 and above- Gold Medal
70 and above-Silver Medal
65 and above-Bronze Medal.
How to apply for the Royal mathematics olympiad
Click here to apply for the royal mathematics competition in Nigeria 2022
Mathematics Competition in Nigeria for Tertiary institutions 2022
NMC National mathematics competition
The National Mathematical Centre (NMC) organises this competition for students in tertiary institutions across the country. The 2019 edition of the competition featured 80 contestants from 20 universities. and a total of 40 contestants won bronze, silver and gold medals. Jeremiah Adedoyin, a final year student of the Department of Mathematics, University of Lagos emerged as the overall winner of the 2019 National Mathematics Competition. This is one of the few mathematics competitions also applicable to tertiary institutions in Nigeria. The winners of this competition will represent Nigeria in a foreign country at the International mathematical olympiad.